one line of code at a time.
Who is Jennifer?
Business Strategist, Software Developer
I am a forward thinker, hands-on doer, problem solver, numbers cruncher, and lifelong learner. These qualities make me entrepreneurial and innovative.
My passions are to enable strategic business decisions through technology. I am inspired to make the world a better place by constantly improving on the status quo.
- Programming Languages:
- Markup Languages:
HTML, CSS, XML, JSON
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Creative Solutions
- Effective Communication
- Persuasive Presentation
- Inspirational Teamwork
- Process Improvement
- Productive Time Management
- Task Prioritization
- Strategy Implementation
I believe strong relationships are the foundation to an effective team, and trust is critical to building relationships. I gain trust by committing to the right things and delivering my commitments in a timely manner.
Gorbachev once said, “If you don’t move forward, you begin to move backward.” I strive to constantly improve and innovate on the status quo, and as such, I am constantly learning new things and exploring better ways to do things.
Why do things happen the way they do? I ask myself this question nearly every day to develop a genuine curiosity. When I’m curious, I’m passionate; and when I’m passionate, I’m determined to deliver excellence in everything I do.
- Increased productivity by 26% across the finance organization by architecting a comprehensive budget dashboard of real-time business activity and base line targets, to monitor year-to-date and monthly financials for the Adidas group of brands
- Built a personnel expense calculation tool used by teams across the United States to analyze base salaries, bonus accruals, and benefits at different levels in the organization
- Streamlined the management reporting process by building macro-enabled spreadsheets to automatically extract data from 66 cost centers and effectively reduced workload; this tool was later rolled out to the Finance group and globally implemented
Audit and Assurance Associate, Tax Associate
- Ensured client compliance with financial reporting standards (IFRS) by conducting third party confirmations and prudently reviewing sales, purchases, and term loan contracts
- Developed solid, long-term relationships with clients through effective communication of their tax reporting requirements
- Signed high net worth clients by asking directed questions regarding their estates
- Minimized client tax liability through critical thinking and thorough understanding of cross-border taxation in Canada, Australia, United States, the United Kingdom
- Drafted engagement letters to prospective new clients and determined scope of service
- Decreased total receivables outstanding by 23% within two months of employment by proactively seeking out clients with account balances
- Reduced average transaction processing costs by 6% through analysis of sales volume and credit card merchant pricing